The International Fire Management Week in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russian Federation, organized by the GFMC and the Russian Federal Forest Service Rosleskhoz and the National Aerial Forest Fire Center Avialesookhrana in the frame of the German-Russian Forest Fire Task Force and the UNISDR Regional Eurasia Wildland Fire Network (UNECE/FAO Team of Specialists on Forest Fire), with
(a) classroom and field training on prescribed burning for wildfire hazard reduction and conservation for practitioners, trainers and decision makers,
(b) Round Table on Fire Management, Krasnoyarsk Krai, and
(c) revisit of the Bor Forest Island Fire Experiment of 1993; Krasnoyarsk, Bor Forest Island, Russian Federation.
During this event the latest and up-to-date state of the art of fire ecology and advanced fire management methods on the use of prescribed fire for wildfire hazard reduction in temperate-boreal Eurasia were presented and discussed between scientists, practitioners and policy makers at national level of the Russian Federation, and with representatives of the administrations of Krasnoyarsk Krai.
Participating and consulted institutions included:
– Federal Forestry Agency (Roslezkhoz)
– Global Fire Monitoring Center (GFMC)
– Aerial Forest Fire Center (Avialesookhrana)
– Forest Inventory and Planning Enterprise Roslesinforg
– All Russian Institute of Continuous Education in Forestry (VIPKLH)
– Vice Governor of Krasnoyarsk Krai
– Minister of Natural Resources and Forest Complex of Krasnoyarsk Krai
– Sukachev Institute of Forest SB RAS