IWPM – Background Reading IFAWG
The IWPM in Brief | Background Reading | Offers and Recent Successful Capacity Building by Exchange | International Fire Aviation Guidelines | EuroFire
Fire Aviation Guidelines and International Manual of Common Rules for Fire Aviation
The International Fire Aviation Working Group (IFAWG) comprises an international group of aerial fire management specialists who lead and manage the use of aircraft for wildland fire management around the world. This group is made up of representatives from countries and jurisdictions who regularly utilize aerial means in managing landscape fire, including for firefighting. The IFAWG operates as a Working Group of the Wildland Fire Advisory Group (WFAG) of the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR). The group aims to improve the safety and effectiveness of aerial means by sharing information, experience and resources.
IFAWG joined the preparation, organization and follow-up of the UNECE/FAO Regional Forum on Cross-boundary Fire Management (UN Geneva, 2013) and contributed with the international consent-based Fire Aviation Guidelines.
In 2014 an Introductory Paper has been published by IFAWG. Starting in December 2014 Draft Part I of the International Fire Aviation Guidelines (incorporating the International Manual of Common Rules for Fire Aviation) are available for screening and comments (see left for download). Please send your comments to the IFAWG Secretariat.
Part II of the Fire Aviation Guidelines: The International Manual of Common Rules for Fire Aviation has been drafted and published in October 2017 for review and comments
- International Fire Aviation Working Group (IFAWG) website
- Introductory Paper to the Guidelines and the Manual
- Part I: Fire Aviation Guidelines (incorporating the International Manual of Common Rules for Fire Aviation) (Edition 1.0 for comment)
- Part II: International Fire Aviation Guidelines: International Manual of Common Rules for Fire Aviation (Draft – October 2017)
Aerial Firefighting Conferences
Since 2008 the GFMC has supported the organization of the Aerial Firefighting Conferences with the aim to create a platform of dialogue and exchange between the authorities and civil society actors concerned in landscape fire management – representing both the ground and aerial community of practitioners and entrepreneurs as well as the scientific community. The GFMC repository includes the key outcomes of the conferences:
Aerial Fire News
The Aerial Fire Magazine publishes weekly news from and around the world of aerial firefighting.
- Aerial Fire Magazine (weekly magazine, with option for subscribing and repository of all previous issues starting July 2019)
Aerial Fire News
The Aerial Fire Magazine publishes regular news from and around the world of aerial firefighting – subscriptions are offered.
- Aerial Fire Magazine
- Aerial Fire News (daily updated)
- Aerial Fire Salvo (weekly E-Mail campaign, with option for subscribing and repository of all previous issues starting July 2019)