Grass fire torches mobile home, 6 left homeless

Grass fire torches mobile home, 6 left homeless

31 January 2011

published by

USA — An Albany family of 6 is homeless after a trash fire grew out of control and destroyed their mobile home.

Around 3:30 Saturday afternoon, Jerome Rayner was inside his home in the 3100 block of Plains Drive when someone alerted him his trailer was on fire.

He escaped unharmed before the flames consumed his home. When firefighters arrived, the house was fully involved.

Officials say the trash fire was set in a yard a few houses away when the grass caught fire and grew out of control. The flames spread under the mobile home which is a complete loss.

No charges have been filed and it’s unclear if the person burning had a permit.

Albany Fire crews were able to prevent the fire from spreading to neighboring homes.

Rayner, his wife and four children lost everything. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien