Man catches fire while burning brush

Man catches fire while burning brush

6 November 2009

published by

USA — A man who suffered burns after accidentally catching fire while burning yard waste was flown by medical helicopter to an area hospital.

Emergency crews were called at about 3:20 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5, to 7481 Middletown-Germantown Road to a report of a man on fire.

Chad Lane, 34, of Madison Twp., was flown to Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton on Thursday afternoon. A hospital spokeswoman said he was in fair condition late Thursday.

According to the Madison Twp. Fire Department, Lane was using gasoline as an accelerant to burn part of a dead tree that had been downed after being struck by lightning previously.

Firefighters said the wind shifted and flames blew back and flashed over Lane, igniting his clothes, face and the front part of his body.

Matt Landers, 14, who was outside repairing some fencing next door at his grandmother’s house, said he heard Lane screaming and saw a woman dousing him with water from a garden hose before help arrived.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien