Small Grassfire Sparked By Electrocuted Squirrel

      Small Grassfire Sparked By Electrocuted Squirrel

15 March 2009

published by

USA — Colorado Springs firefighters have contained a small grass fire in a field near Kissing Camels in Colorado Springs. Neighbors tell 11 news that the fire was started Sunday morning, by a squirrel playing on the power lines. They say that the squirrel grabbed two wires, caught fire and fell into the field, sparking the fire.

Neighbors nearby saw the flames and kept the fire from spreading with garden hoses. Colorado Springs firefighters say that the fire is under control and contained and that no structures were threatened. Firefighters are still on scene mopping up hot spots.

The fire burned a patch of grass approximately 200 feet by 200 feet.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien