2nd FIRE BEHAVIOR AND FUELS CONFERENCE
2nd Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference –
Fire Environment, Innovations, Management and Policy
InternationalAssociation of Wildland Fire (IAWF)
26-30March 2007, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, Destin, Florida, U.S.A.
The Conference is hosted by the International Association of Wildland Fire and the National Wildfire Coordinating Group – Fire Environment Working Team.
The theme of the Conference is The Fire Environment Innovations, Management, and Policy. It will provide attendees with the latest innovations in wildland fire management practices success stories as well as lessons learned, collaboration opportunities, cutting edge advances in wildland fire science, current and potential future wildland fire policy.
The program may include:
- Trends in the art and science of wildland fire behavior and environment.
- Case studies, successes and failures, learning opportunities.
- New concepts and research that have yet to be implemented.
- The roles fire environment tools play in decision support systems.
- Techniques integrating fire environment and landscape tools.
- Fire environment analysis and risk assessment.
- Emerging issues related to fire environment.
- Computer modeling tools.
- International experiences.
- Advances in field tools and techniques.
- Staff ride/field trip.
- Vendor displays.
Integrated into this 2007 Conference is the Joint Fire Science Program Annual Primary Investigator Meeting where cutting edge research results will be presented. A full-length track on Wildland Fire Smoke Management will address the latest regulations, challenges, strategies, and tools to assist the fire practitioner and planner.
- Fire Behavior and Long Term Analysts
- Prescribed Burners
- Fuels Planners
- GIS Specialists
- Wildland-Urban Interface Planners
- Policy Makers
- Natural Resource Specialists
- And others interested in the art and science of the fire environment
Submission of abstracts
We invite abstracts for oral and poster papers in any one of the 25 topic areas related to the fire environment. Deadline for submitting oral and poster papers is 30 November 2006. Submitters are asked to identity a topical category for their abstract, which we will use to organize papers into sessions. All abstracts will be reviewed, and notification of acceptance will be made by 15 January 2007. A final agenda will be available on the web by the end of January.
We encourage your participation in the 2 nd Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference. There is a high degree of interest being expressed in this event from all over the world.
For additional information please visit:
Information will continually change, and you can subscribe to updates from any page linked from the home page.
Wayne A. Cook
USFS-RMRS Fire Science Lab
Bret W. Butler
USFS-RMRS Fire Science Lab