USA — The Midland Fire Department and other local firefighters were able to contain and extinguish a blaze before it reached an explosive manufacturing company.
The blaze began around 1 p.m. and took firefighters about four hours to extinguish the 100-acre blaze in the southeast portion of Midland County near County Road 1090 and CR 200, County Fire Marshal Dale Little said.
The fire ignited from a faulty private electric line, Little said.
The blaze moved quickly in the 15 to 25 mph winds through thick brush toward an explosive manufacturing company. The fire was contained about a third of a mile from the explosives company. The structure was in the direct path of the fire, MFD Capt. Drew Peters said.
There were no structures damaged and no injuries reported.