Man dies in property fire

Man dies in property fire

16 March 2011

published by

Canada — A 73-year-old New Brunswick man died this morning when a brush fire got out of control on his property.

Emergency workers were called to the man’s home in Pocologan at about 10:30 this morning.

RCMP said the man was trying to clean up his property and got caught in some branches as the fire spread.

“He became entangled, his feet became entangled in the brush and he just wasn’t able to free himself from the fire that he had going there just to burn off the old property,” said Sgt. Greg MacAvoy with the St. George RCMP.

MacAvoy said the man’s wife tried to free him and suffered minor burns to her face and clothes.

The man died in the fire before help arrived. His name was not released.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien