India — Three kids were charred to death when a heap of hay grass on which they were playing caught fire. The incident happened at Dhekva village in Megharaj taluka of Sabarkantha on Friday afternoon. The children belonged to one family and were in the age group of two to four years.
A pall of gloom descended on the village after the incident. The fire spread so quickly that children could not manage to escape from there and were burnt alive. Even villagers failed to save the kids.
The deceased have been identified as Soham Kalu Tamlad (4), Rinku his younger sister and their cousin brother Nilesh Narsinh Tamlad.
The incident occurred in the courtyard of the house where the children were playing. Deputy mamlatdar Agarsinh Chauhan of Meghraj, who rushed to the place of accident, said, “What started the fire is still to be ascertained. However, villagers said the hay stack might have caught fire from a spark that came from a bonfire nearby.” Police have registered a case of unnatural death.