Man airlifted to hospital after grass fire

Man airlifted to hospital after grass fire

22 April 2010

published by

Canada —    A 57-year-old man was taken to Calgary by air ambulance after suffering burns to his legs while welding at work on Tuesday afternoon.

The Galloway Mill employee, who lives in the South Country, was using welding equipment when the grass around him caught on fire.

His workpants then caught on fire, causing significant burns to both his legs.

Jaffray Fire Department attended and put out the fire and provided first response care to the man, who was conscious and talking throughout.

B.C. Ambulance took the man to Elk Valley Hospital, Fernie where he was met by STARS air ambulance which transported him to Calgary for treatment.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien