India — Around 53 house were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out suddenly rendering 150 people homeless. Seven goats including Rs two lakhs and property worth lakhs of rupees were gutted into the fire.
The fire broke out suddenly in Upda Patreha village under Nanpara tahesil on Tueday. At that time people of the village were working at the barn. They rushed to the spot after hearing the shrieks of people but by that time the flames grew violent. Houses of 53 people were reduced to ashes within no time. Seven goats, two cocks, three mobile sets, ornaments worth Rs 50,000, ten grass cutting machines, three cycles and property worth more than 5 lakhs was gutted in the fire by the time the villagers could brought the fire under control.
SDM Nanpara PK Jain told that arrangements are being made for the distribution of 10 kg rice, blankets and Rs 4,000 per head of the family towards casual assistance.