Family Grateful After Limestone Co. Grassfire

Family Grateful After Limestone Co. Grassfire

13 January 2009

published by

USA — A 16 year old girl is safe after being trapped inside her home due to a surrounding grassfire.

The fire happened Monday afternoon near Axtell off Limestone County Rd 116.

Fire investigators say the fire started after a neighbor accidentally hit a rock while riding his lawnmover, setting off a spark.

The fire spread to more than 20 acres and quickly threatened 3 different homes.

The girl’s mother, Paula Sanchez, said the girl was too afraid to come out because of all the smoke and flames.

The neighbor will not face any charges, because investigators believe the fire was an accident.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien