USA — Some tense moments for residents in the foothills of Ammon Sunday afternoon after a grass fire started near Via Rancho Road.
According to firefighters a red-tailed hawk was sitting in the power lines. When the bird took off, its wings made contact with both of the wires, causing the bird to go up in a ball of flames. When the hawk hit the ground, the flames quickly spread to the dry brush surrounding the pole.
Firefighters say it was a tricky fire to get to because of a ravine and no road access to the area. Close to an acre was charred. No homes were in danger.