Greece — Petros Molyviatis, the special emergency fund president for wildfire-ravaged areas in the Peloponnese, made an account of work accomplished so far in regions, in statements on Friday.
“Of course, all the problems have not been resolved, all the damage has not been remedied and all the homes burnt have not been rebuilt. And, probably, it would be impossible for all this to be done in a year,” the former foreign minister said.
“However, what has been done is not a little. It is known that the government has spent 400 million euros so far for aid and support for the wildfire-stricken. And 200 million of it have been provided, and rightly so, for the prefecture of Ilia,” Molyviatis added.
He also said that the government has announced programmes in the region of one billion euros for the reconstruction and development of the wildfire-stricken regions.