Indiana Co. man dies in brush fire

Indiana Co. man dies in brush fire

20 April 2008

published by ydr.inyork.com


Homer City, USA — An Indiana County man is dead after being burned in a brush fire behind his house.

The county coroner says 95-year-old Andrew Stutsko of Homer City died as a result of severe thermal burns sustained in the fire Saturday afternoon.

Authorities say Stutsko’s body was found in the midst of the brush fire, about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.

The coroner says there is no evidence that Stutsko suffered a medical emergency that rendered him unconscious or incapacitated him before the fire.

The coroner says carbon monoxide was not a factor in the death.

The death has been ruled an accident.

Authorities say the wooded area behind Stutsko’s house was badly burned, but no buildings were damaged.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien