It was a busy day for some area fire departments where multiple grass fires broke out.
One outside Lindale off FM 2710. Lindale and Red Springs departments responded to control the blaze which began from burning wrapping paper in a barrel. About three acres of wooded area caught fire around mid-day Christmas. Two teenage boys tried to fight the fire and suffered smoke inhalation. They were transported to a local hospital.
“We tried to tell them to get out of the smoke.your going to get smoke inhalation. They got out for maybe a minute and a half but then got back in there because didn’t want stand and watch fire burn,” said Cody Quinn, “It’s hard to tell them to stay back. It’s just instinct you want to help. You don’t want to sit back and watch something dumb happen.”
The boys are expected to make a full recovery. None of the homes in the area suffered any damage. Area fire departments want to warn you that high wind gusts can easily carry your trash so please burn your trash when it’s not so windy.