Firefighter electrocuted while fighting grass fire

 Firefighter electrocuted while fighting grass fire

24 September 2007

published by

Haysville, KS, USA — A Sedgwick County firefighter died today while fighting a grass fire caused by a downed power line.

Sheriff’s Lieutenant George Mason says the 32-year-old firefighter was electrocuted after coming into contact with the downed wire about 2:15.

Mason says authorities are looking for a semitrailer that may have hit a power pole and then driven off. The collision downed the power line, which ignited the small grass fire.

The case is being investigated as a possible hit & run.

Construction crews working nearby saw the accident and called authorities.

The firefighter’s name is being withheld until relatives are notified.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien