Smoke chokes pair

Smoke chokes pair

19 May 2006

published by www.edmontonsun.com


Alberta, Canada — Three members of a paving crew saved two people who were overcome by smoke inhalation during a grass fire in Wetaskiwin yesterday, said Mounties.

Wetaskiwin RCMP said the grass fire broke out behind the Pizza Hut in the town 68 km south of Edmonton just after 3 p.m. Three members of a Border Paving crew noticed three people inside the area that was on fire and pulled two of the victims to safety.

Both victims suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to the Wetaskiwin hospital, where they remained yesterday afternoon. The third person was escorted from the burning area by police. Fire crews quickly put out the blaze. 


Back

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien