Mathematical modelling of dangerous natural phenomena and catastrophes
“Mathematical modelling of dangerous natural phenomena and catastrophes”
devoted to the 130-th anniversary of Tomsk State University
30 June – 4 July 2008, Tomsk, Russia
Tomsk State University (the head organization) and the regional public organization “Tomsk Scientific Society of Mechanics, Thermophysics and Risk Analysis” will hold the International conference “Mathematical modelling of dangerous natural phenomena and catastrophes” devoted to the 130-th anniversary of Tomsk State University and the 60-th anniversary of the Faculty of Mechanics-Mathematics.
The work of the conference is planned in the following sections:
1. Conjugate problems of reacting media mechanics and modelling bodies’ re-entry with a hupersonic speed.
2. Mechanics of reacting multiphase media and general mathematical models of some natural and technogeneous catastrophes.
3. Inverse problems of mathematical physics and setting up databases for problems of reacting media mechanics designed for mathematical description of natural and technogeneous catastrophes.
4. Forecasting a fire danger in forests, steppes and bogs using methods of mechanics of continuous reacting multiphase media and probability theory.
5. Chemical reactions, turbulence, modelling heat and fire tornados in the theory of natural catastrophes.
6. Iteration-interpolation method of solving problems of reacting multiphase media mechanics and other methods of numerical solution of catastrophe theory problems and forecasting their ecological consequences.
7. Technology of detecting natural fires using up-to-date multiprocessing computers and parallelizing computing operations
Grishin Anatoliy Mikhailovich
Director of the Scientific-Education Innovation Centre “Modelling and Forecasting Catastrophes”
Tomsk State University
Lenin Avenue 36