IWPM – Background Reading
The IWPM in Brief | Background Reading | Offers and Recent Successful Capacity Building by Exchange | International Fire Aviation Guidelines | EuroFire
UNECE/FAO Regional Forum on Cross-boundary Fire Management (2013)
In preparation of the UNECE/FAO Regional Forum on Cross-boundary Fire Management, which was held at the United Nations in Geneva, 28-29 November 2013, which was sponsored by the German Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture based on a decision of the German Bundestag, several studies were prepared and a fire management survey circulated to UNECE member states and other regions of the world. In accordance with the conclusions of the Forum the GFMC and associated wildland fire management experts from throughout the world followed up the recommendations.
Note to the readers: The original proposal to create an “International Wildfire Support Mechanism” (IWSM) (see paper ” Building Resilience of Nations and Communities to Wildfire”) was modified to this IWPM, and emphasis was shifted from creating an operational mutual assistance mechanism to a mechanism facilitating capacity building.
Participants of the UNECE/FAO Regional Forum on Cross-boundary Fire Management
Palais des Nations, Geneva, 28-29 November 2013
- Study of the Contemporary and Expected Future Wildland Fire Problems in the UNECE Region
- Building Resilience of Nations and Communities to Wildfire
- Evaluation of the International Fire Management Survey
- White Paper on Fire Management Policies in the UNECE Region
- Conclusions of the UNECE/FAO Regional Forum on Cross-boundary Fire Management
Supporting Materials: The UN White Paper on Vegetation Fires and Global Change